Chase Klinesteker 

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
Jerry Borst
800 series

Chase Klinesteker 

Post by Jerry Borst »

As many of you know Chase is a very fine fishermen, a great teacher and admirer of Mr. Perry's work. I and many of you received an email not long ago with some current fishing reports in his area. For those that did not I found his "RECIPE FOR FISHING SUCCESS" very interesting and thought it should be shared.

Chocolate Chip Bar

My wife is a very good cook.  She usually uses long-established recipes that have survived the test of time, and gets consistently successful results.  She follows the recipe directions “to a tea” to obtain best results.  Whenever she changes or adds to the recipe, results suffer.  It seems that the combination of ingredients, utensils, and procedures used in each time-tested recipe are very important as a total package.  Trying to change any part can upset the end result.  She does not wish to create new recipes and do a lot of research, she just wants successful results.

Spoonplugging is similar and is a time-tested recipe for consistent successful results in fishing. The ingredients are the knowledge and Guidelines that Mr. Perry has given us, the utensils are the tools that he recommends we use in our fishing, and the procedures are the presentation of lures outlined specifically in his book.  Many have asked:  “Why aren’t my fishing results better?  I believe that Spoonplugging makes total sense and I have seen the results it can produce, but I am not satisfied with my own results.”  After questioning these people about the equipment they use and how they present lures on the water, small details are usually found where they are not following Spoonplugging Guidelines or using the proper tools.  Often they attempt to incorporate one or more other “recipes for fishing” (methods) to use along with Spoonplugging procedures, resulting in dilution and confusion.  Just try to pick and choose utensils, ingredients, and baking procedures from 10 different cookie recipes and see what it tastes like!  It’s like trying to create a time tested recipe overnight.

Spoonplugging is a TOTAL concept, a recipe for successful fishing for all species on all waters.  All the knowledge, tools, and procedures must work together to produce the best results.  It has been a time tested and proven recipe for over 60 years.  Those who strictly follow the Guidelines and use the recommended tools will get the best results.  Certified Spoonplugging Instructors are available to people who need help improving their knowledge, tool selection, and lure presentation.  The most difficult part is getting rid of old habits and thinking.  They hinder our fishing growth.   

Go with the proven and time tested recipe for fishing success, Spoonplugging. Why alter or change it?  Follow directions and just DO it!!

Chase Klinesteker

Steve Craig
JB2

Re: Chase Klinesteker 

Post by Steve Craig »

Very true and to the point! No one could say it any better.
Thanks for posting this Jerry.
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!