White Bass

Team9nine
800 series

White Bass

Post by Team9nine »

This video will hit our club site sometime tomorrow, but I'll post it here first. It was from a trip this past Thu. I was reminded of this comment made by Terry O'Malley in a white bass article he did a couple years back in the National newsletter.

"No fisherman can ever deny the fighting ability of white bass being caught on light-spinning equipment. White bass are a fun fish to catch because of that fighting ability. There are times, catching a limit of white bass can save a day’s fishing for a weekend Spoonplugger. Another plus is, the Spoonplugger will be rewarded with some good-size white bass fillets for the dinner."

Watch the video here: http://youtu.be/qYM2PLSVz10

-Brian
jwt
800 series

Re: White Bass

Post by jwt »

Another good video Brian.

I remember casting into huge schools of white bass in TX(they call 'em sand bass, "sandies there) with a small spoon similar to the one you were using. You'd get one on every cast; like shooting fish in a barrel so to speak. I don't know if he was speaking literally or figuratively, but one old time talked about schools half a mile across on Lake Texoma(86,000 acres) before they introduced stripped bass.