Hello, from Missouri ( there are lakes here too.)

Introduce yourself to our online Spoonplugging community
FShelton

Hello, from Missouri ( there are lakes here too.)

Post by FShelton »

hello, I am Frank, from Missouri. I have been reading posts on this site for a while. I really find most all subjects very interesting and in my case most usefull. I have read the green book years and years ago. I also had the home study course, no-bo line and an assortment of spoonplugs. I lived on Pomme De Terre Lake. I fished the lake for overtwenty years and know a lot about it. I was not a fan of trolling at that time even though I had read the, books several times. However I have always had a big respect for Buck Perry and his teachings. Back then I buceled to peer pressure and of coarse It is hard to troll with a big boat and motor. Because of the green book I was able to improve on my fishing on the cast only, but there was always that nagging feeling that I could be doing a lot better. Well, that is probably more than anyone really needs, or wants to know. Looking forward to learning to become a real spoonplugger.
Team9nine
800 series

Re: Hello, from Missouri ( there are lakes here too.)

Post by Team9nine »

Let me be the first to say, "Welcome." Lots of info on the boards, especially if you use the "search" feature to try and get answers to specific topics. Good luck with your new Spoonplugging journey. I was similar in that I fished bass tourneys for over 20 years where trolling was prohibited. Since giving those up, I've been able to spend a lot more time focusing on improving that aspect of my game. As Buck said, trolling is the teacher. Looking forward to reading some updates and fishing reports from that part of the country. You have some great waters out your way.

-Brian
FShelton

Post by FShelton »

Thanks for the welcome, Brian. I too fished tournaments in , and after a while they seem to really wear on one. I am sure I will be wearing out the search button in a few weeks. All the people on here seem to really know what is going on with the spoonplugging. I have the info, now I have the task of putting to use on the water. I hope help can be made available because I am positive that I am going to need it.-
jwt
800 series

Post by jwt »

Welcome aboard FShelton. You came to the right place.
BV Rives

Post by BV Rives »

Welcome FSelton, This site will show you even if you are from The Show Me State BV Rives .
ltharley
100 series

Post by ltharley »

Welcome Frank. Plenty of good stuff here. Good luck.

Dennis
phillip szafranski
200 series

Post by phillip szafranski »

Welcome to the site FSelton,

A friend moved about two hours from Pomme and because of this I fished the lake on a couple occasions with him. I enjoyed the my limited time on the water but he will soon be moving out of the state, so it is unlikely I will be back in this area. I was curious if I offered my email address on this site, would you be interested to send me your phone number and I can then call you to discuss your thoughts regarding the lake. For the limited time spent on this lake, we have contacted some nice bass over 20 inches and they have nice body weight for their length...nice lake! The Muskies have also been enjoyable to catch! Let me know your thoughts, and again, welcome to the site.
Phil
FShelton

Post by FShelton »

Mr. Szafranski- Yes, You could send me your e mailhere and hopefully, I can e-mail you my phone number. ( I say hopefully, because I am really not that familiar with computers, techs., and so on) but I think I could manage it. I have a lot of info on Pomme, I was a fishing guide for many years there. I may have some questions about using spoonplugs, trolling etc. for you if you wouldn't mind that. I will watch for that e-mail. Thanks, Frank
phillip szafranski
200 series

FShelton,

You can send your phone number to the below address and I can call you after the first of the year. After receiving your email, I will delete the email address below to avoid unnecessary emails from others just probing this site. Looking forward to speaking with you, I love fishing new water and the time on Pomme has been interesting.
Last edited by phillip szafranski on Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phil
FShelton

Post by FShelton »

I sent the e-mail. (I hope). Let me know if you got it, or just remo0ve it from the board.
phillip szafranski
200 series

Frank,

The email did not come through. Simply copy and past my below address into the email header or try typing it again.
Last edited by phillip szafranski on Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phil
FShelton

Post by FShelton »

Phillip- look my name up on the nsoa national spoonpluggers of America website. my name and phone are listed there I am not in the printed directory yet I just joined but I am listed at the web site there. Also I did send another e-mail, but the email address may look unfamiliar, it doesn't have my name in it (family thing)--- You are listed as a member but your phone no longer works, I already tried that. I will keep trying to get in touch if this last attempt doesn't get through. Hope you are not pulling your hair out over my incompetence on the e-mail thing.----Thanks, Frank
phillip szafranski
200 series

Frank, I have received your email and will attempt to call you over the weekend. THANKS!
Phil