Hello from Maryland

Introduce yourself to our online Spoonplugging community
NoMuskyJoe

Hello from Maryland

Post by NoMuskyJoe »

Hi, I am from Maryland and locally am limited locally to fishing a couple reservoirs (with only an electric trolling motor), so expect any of my future questions to pertain to spoonplugging basics so I can figure out how I should be fishing a certain area of the reservoir.
I have been viewing the forum for a little bit, watching the Structure fishing show when I can on Saturday morning (great job Jim and everyone that contributes to the video segment !), and have emailed a couple questions direct to John Bales and Jim Duplex who have been very kind and provided me with detailed responses... which I would like to say "Thank you !" for helping me out. I really learn a lot, but need to spend time on the water to actually apply it and learn by experiencing it... that will be time on the water later this year, I hope.

I have caught many different species of fish, but not a musky, yet! That is why I am calling myself "NoMuskyJoe". I am hoping that I can get time off work to enter a Muskies Inc 3 Rivers Tourny this upcoming July that will be up in NY (which will be a nice drive from MD for me) and there is nothing I would like more than to catch my first musky on a JB-1 or JB-2 in a tourney applying spoonplugging basics !

I think it could be possible while trolling for musky that I could catch a really big bass or walleye there, but that is a realistic possibility. I guess we'll see if that would indicate I must be doing something right in terms of spoonplugging basics to catch a fish like that, even if it is not a musky!

Anyway, I am going to start posting some questions on the Spoonplug forum, so right now I'm reviewing concepts in the book first. I don't want to be considered a "lurker", but for now I want to learn from the forum posts and responses to help eliminate my confusion so I can proceed with a better understanding. I would like to say thanks to anyone that will be kind enough to respond back, I really will appreciate it, especially when the question is based on a lack of understanding of that concept.

Being new to posting on a forum, please give me a little learning curve for posting to a forum with attachments since I will try to have an attachment with a specific area depicted associated with my question so you can have a better understanding of my confusion. I will try to post one shortly just to see what happens ? So, please bear with me and my limited software program(s) that may not be working the way I hope it will, but will try to figure out how to correct the situation so you can see what I've prepared and previewed.

Thanks for your future help, Joe
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: Hello from Maryland

Post by Steve Craig »

Welcome to the board Joe!
Also welcome to the rest of your fishing life!
Ask your questions, post your images.
There are a lot of good guys on here that are willing to help a guy out.
STUDY the Green Book, STUDY the Home Study Course and you will be OK.
Welcome
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
Fran Myers
JB1

Re: Hello from Maryland

Post by Fran Myers »

Welcome,

Jim puts a lot of work into the show and this year they are even better than last year. I look forward to the future.

You certainly have some limitations but within those limitations you have opportunities.
Weather and water situations, learning seasonal and daily migration habits of musky, and the biggest...

There is a Spoonplugging Instructor on the east coast...

Barry Zorzanello
324 Great Quarter Rd
Sandy Hook CT, 06482
203-627-5487

There are other very good Spoonpluggers out there.

Buy some books, do some reading, ask some questions here, and get on the water (when the snow and ice are gone). It will make a huge difference.
Fran Myers