Another phone conversation

Articles, writings and words of wisdom from Mr. Perry
John Bales
JB2

Another phone conversation

Post by John Bales »

Mr. O'Malley called again last night and our discussion was his next article. Somewhere in the middle, Terry said its amazing how many people just don't get it and that success is not that difficult to have. I could write a whole article on our conversation on just this one subject. His article will be on fishing the pre-spawn in reservoirs. We talked about how different natural lakes are from reservoirs and how the fisherman should follow the movements of the bass and what you and I need to do to catch them for that time of year including what lures and tools work best.
I did read in the green book that the information that he passes to us is just the basics of how to catch a fish and there is so much more that can be learned other than what is in the books. When you fish in all of the seasons and follow the fish on a seasonal basis, you will see that there is a lot more. And the learning never stops no matter what the season, specie, or how you are going about your fishing during a day on the water.
I get pumped up after talking with Terry. There isn't a thing we don't understand about the other persons statements when it comes to fishing situations. John
ltharley
100 series

Re: Another phone conversation

Post by ltharley »

John,
One layer removed, I am all jacked up after talking to you last week. Each time we talk I gain insight and can't wait to put my new knowledge to test (darn frozen water).
Also, I always look forward to the National Newsletter. Great information from experienced Spoonpluggers.
With that, I always love reading stuff from the forum. I was reading some "unread" stuff and saw a post by you about top water fishing. Don't remember the details, but you basically were getting you ass handed to you by your brother in law. He was fishing a top water and you were trying the weed edge with a drop shot. You ended up buying a top water from some shoreline fisherman and kicked some butt on some big fish. As Buck would say "Don't put words ..." Great lesson. Thank you.
As always, thank you for the guidance.
Dennis