Basic guideline

Articles, writings and words of wisdom from Mr. Perry
site admin
Site Admin

Basic guideline

Post by site admin »

Here's an audio clip of Buck, talking about the study material and the basic guideline.
This is a unlisted clip right now. Not sure if this would be a good upload for all.
Let me know your thoughts...
John Bales
JB2

Re: Basic guideline

Post by John Bales »

One of the best ten minutes , 16 seconds of words ever spoken. Thank you Jim. John
site admin
Site Admin

Post by site admin »

Glad to hear.
I was a bit hesitant to post public, as I disagree with the written material being too complicated. As we all know, there are soo many hidden gems that hit us in the face each time it is read.
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

I believe that one of the reasons that the material seems confusing, or complicated is that there is simply SO much that comes at a newbie the first time that our brains have a hard time handling it all. I know this was the case for me personally.

Another problem is the average guy tends to "skip" around in the book. This is a HUGE mistake. The way Buck wrote, the material MUST be read from beginning to end. Jumping around will cause alot of confusion.

And third, it is a proven fact that the average person only retains 50 to 60% of what they read the first time it is read. Add to this the wonderful and many fact of fishing that Buck wrote about, and you can see why many, many people become confused.
I takes an average of 6 times reading anything for you and I to retain even 90% of what we read.

This becomes quite evident when we STUDY the material. Something we have read over and over again, all of a sudden we understand what he is talking about. Yet, we wonder how we missed this tidbit? AND much of the material will not be understood, until we experience it on the water.

Bucks material is "right on". Always has been and always will be. I actually feel sorry for all those guys out there pounding the shoreline, and never knowing what we have been blessed to receive.

John said it best. Best 10 minutes, 16 seconds ever!
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

It is a lot to absorb but if a person wants it bad enough, they will find a way. Good things come to those who are willing to put forth the effort. Fishing is no different. You can actually become as good as you want to be. Every single day I am on the water, I learn more. Here is one from today. A 6.1 . How about a total of 38 fish with the biggest at 6.1 and then one at 5, two at 4 1/2 and at least 15 fish over 3. We are in the pre-spawn and our water temps are right at 50 degrees. Anyone that fishes knows that the bass make a big movement shallow(within reach) near this water temp. It takes some sun and some wind and when they move up you can really get em good. Today wasn't fast and furious. We just had a big front and they dropped a little deeper but not out of reach. I think we got three or four fish off of a few spots but mostly one here and one there. John
Attachments
DSCF9068.JPG
DSCF9068.JPG (213.9 KiB) Viewed 8681 times
Team9nine
800 series

Post by Team9nine »

Geez - nice fish, John! Retirement can’t come soon enough for me :lol:
Last edited by Team9nine on Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Craig
JB2

Post by Steve Craig »

Geez John!
Nice pre spawn fish!
Ive missed the entire pre spawn and spawn out here this year, due to my health. But finally feeling alot better and able to drive again. Just have to catch up on all this work this year.

My retirement will have to wait a while I guess.

Anyway, super nice bass!
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Thanks Steve, Any more, I don't get many over 6lbs since they spray the weeds all the time. The lake where I caught that one they don't spray and it is one of the few natural lakes that have shad so they eat good. Lakes like this one are hard to find. Take Care. John
waterflogger_no_more
200 series

Post by waterflogger_no_more »

John, water temp on my home lake here in Indy (Morse) was 53 yesterday. I'm still learning about pre spawn fishing, so my question is, you mentioned 50 degrees being the temp they move shallow, is it just around 50, or does it extend into the mid or higher 50s?

I've been out twice this week and haven't found any active fish save one, a large fish that only stayed hooked about five or six seconds, caught around 15 feet on a breakline.

Water color may be a factor, the lake is a bit muddy, although it is a little clearer down near the dam where I hooked that one.

I'm making a serious effort to get out as often as possible on this same lake so I can what what happens as the seasons progress.

Harold
Hal Standish
700 series

Post by Hal Standish »

site admin wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:17 am Here's an audio clip of Buck, talking about the study material and the basic guideline.
This is a unlisted clip right now. Not sure if this would be a good upload for all.
Let me know your thoughts...
Thanks Jim! Bucks basic guideline is the only place to start learning how to to catch more and better fish!
Thank-You ! Buck Perry
John Bales
JB2

Post by John Bales »

Harold, Just returned from back to back trips, St. Clair and then the Niagara River. The shallow movement I am referring to is a seasonal movement, now a normal daily fish movement. It happens somewhere between 48-50 degrees. You must get some stable weather for it to happen, It is a pre spawn thing and it is a feeding up before the spawn deal. They come up in large groups when you hit it right. It's already happened here and we are past that point for the most part so I am sure yours is past also. Next step is the spawn. John