Green Bay Walleyes!

site admin
Site Admin

Green Bay Walleyes!

Post by site admin »

My trip to Rainy was a bust, you can look up that video report on my YouTube channel, if you have not already seen it....

After Rainy Lake we went to Green Bay. Had a lot of fun catching walleyes, especially at night! I love night fishing, NO other boats and I'm social distancing!
The structure situation & Depth/Speed:
You are fishing a LARGE natural lake (Great lakes/Green Bay). The structures here are BIG. At first look you might mistaken these structures as big flats. But they are very BIG bars/humps (reefs). Some of these are miles long. We are trolling cranks. being walleyes, you don't need to be on the bottom, but close. We are fishing over 18 to 22ft of water, with the cranks down to about 16ft. Speed varies from 2.2 to 3 mph.

John Bales
JB2

Re: Green Bay Walleyes!

Post by John Bales »

I just can't wait to post. This thing sat for too long without anyone saying great job Jim and punk kid. Again, great stuff and better than that, great effort. Putting a light on top of a plainer board ? I guess you know where its at!!! Lucky for you that you didn't get a ticket for having a board light out. What's your thoughts on those pricks in Michigan that charge us out of state guys 78 bucks for a licence and then want us to pay another 32 bucks for an out of state sticker to use a public access. I guess it used to be only for state parks but now they want one for any public access. I know its a one time fee but WTH. Great effort Jim and Kid. John
Tom Jennings
250 series

Post by Tom Jennings »

Nice walleyes. That looks like a lot of fun. I like how you decided check it out at dark. After not much going on during the day. Not sure if I would want to go out on such a big body of water at night. But it looked like it wasn't to bad. Tom
beckman44
700 series

Post by beckman44 »

Great job Jim and Casey; While you were at Rainy Lake I was at my sisters in Egg Harbor. My trip was like your Rainy Lake. High winds, boat was damaged at night while docked at pier. Winds were only predicted to be 3-5 that night. Trip was a bust. Going back in September. Glad you guys hit it when the winds were down and had some success to finish up your trip. Bill.
Neil Toland
200 series

Post by Neil Toland »

Finally made time to watch and really appreciate you taking the time and the expense to make these videos. Are the planer boards pretty necessary when fishing there? I wouldn't have a clue how to use them or what type (size and depth) of crank to use with them.

You replacing your Garmin with another Garmin? Last October in Canada I had a hardware failure with my 93sv Plus. SD card would not click into place. Wedged a tooth pick in the sloth and duct taped the door closed so it'd still map finally. Garmin did replace it for a couple hundred dollars at least with a reconditioned unit and I was able to save waypoints and tracks at least.