Flood Plain Reservoirs

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
Steve Craig
JB2

Re: Flood Plain Reservoirs

Post by Steve Craig »

Josh,
Here you go. Canyon Reservoir.
You must understand, that this lake is 2 1/2 hours drive from me, and I have only fished it twice. I plan on going back as much as I can.
This is what the lake looks like via a map.

I posted this one elsewhere, and it is directly across from the Marina area.

This area is at the very headwaters, just below the the Apache Lake Dam. The entire bend is "dirt" and all else in the area is rock. This area should get some good Walleye,Yellow bass migrations in the early Spring.

This is an huge bend in the canyon, and according to Buck, this bar will produce. I have a video of him and Tom Coleman filming this very bar. I have it mapped and this is what is there.

This Slide is just upstream from the bar that Buck found, and he also filmed this slide in Toms video. It is the same one I filmed and posted here the other day.

This bar is right out in front of the boat ramp and produced some really nice bass, both for me and others. Several 4 to 8 pounders have come off this bar. Plus a few over 10 pounds too.

From the very headwaters down to Bucks Bar is over 8 miles. In that length, there is only the headwater bar, the slide, and Bucks Bar in the entire length of all that narrow canyon you see in the second map.
The other 2 maps are in the big open main lake area and the only dirt in those two areas. I found what looks like 2 other bars, but will have to see if there is dirt, or only rock on my next trip.
Religion is a guy in church, thinking about fishing.
Relationship is a guy out fishing, thinking about God!
CHAMP
700 series

Re: Flood Plain Reservoirs

Post by CHAMP »

Watchin the bass pro tour couple weeks back when they were on chickamuga KVD was the winner. But on one clip were he was catching some bass most ever cast he made the comment about how he had his hydrowave set to a certain frequency making the bass feed. Myself I thought about the rest of your day when u were not catching bass at will did you not have the hydrowave turned on. C'mon man really!
This is in response to doug bush post bottom page one
David Powell