March 1995 "It's where you cast"

Articles, writings and words of wisdom from Mr. Perry
site admin
Site Admin

March 1995 "It's where you cast"

Post by site admin »

Here's one that talks about casting early season.
Attachments
its where you cast that counts march 1995.pdf
(356.33 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
Kevin McClure

Re: March 1995 "It's where you cast"

Post by Kevin McClure »

Jim, Excellent article. One of the things I've learned about my fishing is not to get lazy or complacent. You can make a sloppy presentation in the warmer seasons and appear to get away with it. The fish may move a great distance to come get your bait in the warmer seasons, giving you a false confidence. (They may not, either) But during the colder months, a difference of inches may mean the difference between a strike or no strike. You can put a lure right on their nose, but if your speed is off you won't get a strike. (I've seen fish follow a bait, but not strike. I've always thought this might be a speed control issue?)
I sometimes wonder if this is why so many people that live in climates where you can fish year round don't like fishing in the colders months. Is it really the weather or are they just used to getting away with sloppy presentations in the warmer months and don't want to make the effort to be more accurate with their speed and depth control in the cooler ones. Just a thought?
Thanks for posting this article, Jim. And, excellent timing for this time of year. Kevin
brett
100 series

Post by brett »

I love the intro to this article. He says so much in such a little amount of space. Excellent.
DouglasBush

Post by DouglasBush »

Kevin McClure wrote:Jim, Excellent article. One of the things I've learned about my fishing is not to get lazy or complacent. You can make a sloppy presentation in the warmer seasons and appear to get away with it. The fish may move a great distance to come get your bait in the warmer seasons, giving you a false confidence. (They may not, either) But during the colder months, a difference of inches may mean the difference between a strike or no strike. You can put a lure right on their nose, but if your speed is off you won't get a strike. (I've seen fish follow a bait, but not strike. I've always thought this might be a speed control issue?)I sometimes wonder if this is why so many people that live in climates where you can fish year round don't like fishing in the colders months. Is it really the weather or are they just used to getting away with sloppy presentations in the warmer months and don't want to make the effort to be more accurate with their speed and depth control in the cooler ones. Just a thought?
Thanks for posting this article, Jim. And, excellent timing for this time of year. Kevin
"ALL fishing successes and all fishing failures must be answered in terms of depth and speed control"......Buck Perry