Buck Perry

Articles, writings and words of wisdom from Mr. Perry
derdly
200 series

Re: Buck Perry

Post by derdly »

I just have two comments.
Fish off the last two times I fished the Orlando area lakes the water was down. I was told recently the water level is back up which should be good because now the muck lines or break lines will be below 7ft.
I was taught along time ago about feel. More often than not I can tell when My lure is running differently or if my line hits a fish etc. Around some of the break lines I worked over in Florida I noticed areas where my plug would changed its Motion or rhythm. It was driving me nuts because there were no weeds or moss and I couldn't see any sediment change on my depth finder. So in those areas I threw a marker. I then figure eighted those areas for hundreds of yards to either side of the marker. When I would troll perpendicular to the shore line mainly when I would run directly towards the shore I would hit hard bottom. After multiple pass I soon hooked up they were oblong black shells. Just interesting that I couldn't hook them running parallel to in either direction along the break line.

If that was the water color of the lake I was going to fish in Texas I'd fish it anyways. Why not....you only live once doesn't hurt to checkout that sucker.
Jerry Borst
800 series

Re: Buck Perry

Post by Jerry Borst »

I just want to run that rip rap a of couple times. 3 lures should care of it and probably wouldn't take more than 9-10 hours. :mrgreen:

I did some digging and found that this area has not received any significant precipitation in the last 30+ days. It has received some but without actually being there it's hard to know if what fell came down in an hour or over may hours. Regardless it would be interesting to fish a body of water with this kind of color but that will have to be another day. The pictures were taken near the dam.