Bass in April

Basic movements,control/tools, structure,weather/water, presentation lures, lake types, mapping, mental aspects
Brodie Allred

Bass in April

Post by Brodie Allred »

Here is one for ya Mr. Bales. Last year, I think it was in April, I layed into a school of smaller bass in a REAL shallow area. It was in the town of Hamilton by the grocery store. Near the old boat ramp. I think we caught well over 50 bass. Two of them were over 5 pounds. These were all caught on Rapalas. This was right before I converted to spoonplugging. The deepest water I have ever found in there is around 9'. Do you think that channel that runs through there is the home of the fish? It is a pretty small and shallow area. I have been wondering about that for a year now. Just something about I guess. I can't believe that this is one of the more important sections of the bulletin board and no one has posted anything on here. Anyways, talk to ya tomorrow.
John Bales
JB2

Hamilton lake

Post by John Bales »

Just in front of the resterant there is a hole that is 11 or 12 feet deep. That is the deepest water in that whole bay and there is a group of fish that use that hole. They are not normally large fish but there are some. This is a hot spot in the spring but not worth looking at later in the season.
John
Brodie Allred

Post by Brodie Allred »

I know about that hole, but these fish were on the opposite end of the bay. However, I did check that later in the year and there was nothing to be found in there. Just little suckers. The deepest water in the area I caught them was 9'. Unless I missed something in that area but I checked it out pretty thoroughly. I guess I would have to think that MAYBE they migrated that far for spawning or something. The area I caught them in is very condusive to that bottom type. I guess I would like to pinpoint the exact home of those fish. Either way we had fun and I guess that is why we go fishing huh?